Monday, February 17, 2014

FACEing Cincinnati makeup classes/Tween makeup party!

 Back in December I posted about a starter makeup kit for a tween. Yesterday Ranee and I did a fun FACEing class for a group of four twelve year olds who go to school with my daughter. None of them really wear makeup except for dances, but they want to learn the right way to apply it. All the girls have gorgeous skin, so we skipped foundation (lucky ducks!) we showed them easy ways to make their eyes pop but still look youthful. (No scary black eyeliner!) The girls absolutely loved the looks we created, and while they are not necessarily ready to wear makeup to school on a daily basis, they feel confident that when they do they will be looking completely fierce! This is a fun idea for a birthday party too.
From Jill, the mom who set up the class:

 “I wanted my daughter to learn good makeup techniques before she started globbing it on. I had some disastrous makeup days when I was her age and I wanted her to learn that ‘less is more’ when it comes to a natural look. She still has beautiful skin that I want her to preserve and take care of, knowing what she does now to her skin will affect her 30 years from now. The FACEing class for teens taught them all that good stuff plus really focused on makeup items that you can find at the grocery store instead of spending a lot of money purchasing.”

and from Caroline, her 12 year old: Caroline, age 12: “I want to wear makeup sometimes but my mom doesn’t want it to look like I’m wearing a lot of makeup. A lot of girls at my school wear black eyeliner. I like all the fun colors. I know now I can wear cool colors but still look like a kid now that I know how to put it on right.”










No comments: