Saturday, May 16, 2009

Red Lipped Bride


































99.9% of my bridal clients have a trial run session with me prior to the Big Day. I look at pictures of their dress, hair ideas, and inspiration pics of makeup they like. We work together to create a look that suits the mood of the event, their personality, and the gown.

When Valerie met with me, we toyed around between a simply defined eye with a quite bold pink lip vs. a smoky eye with neutral lip. After much deliberation, Valerie decided she preferred the very nude mouth. (To my private disappointment.)
On the day of the wedding, she decided at the very last minute to match her flowers and wear a deep garnet lip, although we hadn't really tried that shade at the trial. It turned the whole look around, brightened her eyes, and gave her an instant look of glamour. I was able to provide her with a sample for touchups (since she had purchased the nude shade for the day) and I just got the images from Daphne Photo Studio today and am absolutely thrilled with the result!

I can't wait to see what 28twenty has in store for her video! Gorge flowers from Katie Elfers.
Valerie was referred to me by two of my former brides, which is always such a high compliment. It's like working with family.





No comments: