Monday, March 10, 2008

chaotic week/weekend

So last week was crazy busy. The first Wedding Mafia party was Thursday night and it was really cool to catch up with my friends in the biz. That is one of the best things about my job-having my own "thing" and getting to network with lots of other independently-minded people who are crazy enough to love the wedding business.

Michael Bambino was insistent that it feel like a party and that the brides (and grooms) not feel ambushed by brochures and pushy vendors, and I think he accomplished that. The Savannah Center looked gorgeous and our section of the ballroom ("Paris") -well, my colleagues outdid themselves on the decor while I was out gallavanting in NYC the week before. The slacker that I am, cruised in and put a few frames on the table, so I can't take any of the credit. Rosemary of Petals and Glass, Kortnee of Simply Timeless Photography,Steve of Glass Eye Video, and Kerry of KL Designs outdid themselves.

Steph Carson brought one of her grooms from 2007 to help her schmooze (Not that she needs help with that; I need to take lessons from her)I was bummed that I ran out of time to paint up her face. The rush to get the models done at the end was pretty typical of things like this.

My personal wedding planner Alison Wenstrup and I made sure we got a photo op in the Say Cheese booths. Will post once I have a chance to scan them.

Rozzi fireworks even did a show at the end-!I missed the majority of the entertainment because I had so many of my clients stop by who had already booked me-most of whom I hadn't yet met in the flesh.

I will also be posting other pics once Kortnee forwards them.

Then I had a wedding on Saturday in the middle of The White Death! There was never any doubt in my mind that I would be there, but Rich kept questioning the sanity of someone still attempting a wedding in such weather. He actually said" Can't they just do it tomorrow?"

...I don't think a woman would ever utter such a phrase.

So I arrived in Hyde Park to see the fabulous Bob Mills, soon followed by Tine Hofmann. The bride had a great attitude towards it all and she had the cutest teal bolero and matching snow boots with her strapless gown. Posting those pics soon too-!

Back to the studio Sunday for a round of trial runs, gearing up for Wedding Season. I do have to say, I get the coolest brides. The whole bridezilla thing is a myth.

No comments: