Friday, July 6, 2007

Meagan












What a stunning and glam bride.

And the parasols are an amazing touch! Meagan made very elegant choices in her gown, her hair-and she was a girl after my own heart, asking for uber dramatic eyes and brows. I only had to use a little tinted moisturizer to even her skin and give her a glow.
I worked with vendors I had never met before-Cindy Wagner
and Tiesha Frazier, wedding consultant
They are both really outstanding. You know, every time I work a wedding with a bride who is fortunate enough to at least have a Day-of-Coordinator, the day goes so smoothly, even in the face of major hiccups. On your wedding day, it's nice to give yourself (and your mom) a break and let someone else do the bitching if there's a problem!

Meagan had a large party, so I brought my girl Mollie with me to help everyone get ready in time (good thing I did; they were running almost an hour behind with hair appointments, so we had to boogie! : ) ) Though Meagan is a woman for whom "more is more" when it comes to eye makeup, her bridesmaids were less enamored of being painted and all wanted a very minimalist look. (Which is fine-there's nothing worse than having one bridesmaid standing out in pics because she's done up like a drag queen; let the bride be the focus!!!)























































2 comments:

Meagan said...

Nancy, thank you again for your work on our wedding day! Each person loved her makeup, (I, of course, was obsessed with mine and would wear it exactly like that every single day if I could), and the bridesmaids and moms especially appreciated how laid-back you and Mollie were and how you never applied more makeup than they were comfortable wearing. I enjoyed having everyone together getting ready at the same time; I had a great time! Thank you also for your kind words about Cindy and Tiesha; they did a wonderful job for us. I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with such a professional and talented group of people on my wedding day! Thank you again for making all of the women in our wedding feel and look like the "best version" of themselves! Your work was truly fantastic!

nanno said...

Aww,shucks. Well I did have a perfect canvas.