Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cincinnati makeup artist/Product rave: Stila waterproof pencils

I've never been a huge fan of most eyeliner pencils. Traditional wooden ones require sharpening, and then you waste half the pencil trying to get a decent point. I have usually preferred gel liners in a pot or cream eyeshadows.
But about a year ago I got a purple Stila pencil in my Birchbox and it became my jam. It was soft enough to apply without dragging on my lid, but held on like crazy once it was dry. It had a gorgeous subtle sparkle to it that really made my ble eyes pop. I ended up purchasing the same shade two more times and the other day I picked up the above set at Sephora. Just for ME, not even for my kit! All the shades have that sparkle, even the black one. And there is a beige one for brightening your inner rim...I personally would have made it a bit whiter because it really didn't show up on me, but I may be able to use it on darker complexions. The khaki and the copper are in heavy rotation for me. Overall this is an excellent value at $32. Grab it!

No comments: