Tuesday, August 28, 2012

what to wear for engagement photos/Guest post by Ladylike Chic!


I recently had the distinct pleasure of meeting Jenny from the amazing fashion blog, Ladylike Chic and we had the inspired idea of swapping blogs! I told her that my clients agonize over what to wear for their engagement photos so she is going to help you out today!


The Engagement Photo: Not So Basic Black



When flipping through countless engagement photos for this post, I stopped on this photo as soon as I laid eyes on it.  Why?  It was the simplicity of it that drew me in.   Having black, white, and yellow as the only hues in the photo made me focus only on the love radiating from the happy couple. 

That’s the thing with engagement photos.  It shouldn’t be about the dress.  It should be about capturing an unforgettable moment between you and your groom.  So, with the help of an amazing photographer, give this look a whirl by choosing a beautifully made little black dress for your engagement photo. 

One caveat though: you are not boring and your dress shouldn’t be either.  Choose a little black dress with a nice detail, like pleats, bows, or even python skin.   It is your engagement photo after all…

Best,
Jenny






Dresses by (1) Ann Taylor, Theia, Pink Tartan, (2) Nanette Lepore, ML Monique Lhuillier, and Milly



Saks.com 

No comments: