Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Concealer Rave : Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics

Concealer frustration; I never hear the end of it in my FACEing classes. It's not unusual to see a woman pull six, seven different products out of her bag, saying, "Too creamy, too chalky, too sheer, too pink, too dry, too gooey..."
No one wants a product that magnifies fine lines and makes you look crepey.

So I was very excited when one of my very favorite lines, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, launched a new range of concealers. Never heard of them, you say? They are the line I have used exclusively for  airbrush foundation and primer for the last four years. They also have a magnificent cult product called lip tar; tiny tubes of turbo pigmented goodness that stains your lips but doesn't feel dry.

Last month I attended The Makeup Show in Chicago and met the line's makeup artist/founder, David Klasfeld. Cruelty-free and vegan is a priority for him in his products. You would have thought I was meeting George Clooney, I was so enamored of him. I pre ordered the concealersand also somehow four of his brushes followed me home. (I am OBSESSED with the powder brush)

I do believe I have found the Holy Grail in concealers. They have the consistency I have been searching for. It's as if my beloved Mercier Secret Camouflage made a baby with my other favorite, makeup Forever Lifting Concealer. The perfect amount of pigment, they can even be worn as a full coverage foundation. Dry enough to cover a blemish or brown spot without sliding off, yet emollient enough for undereye.





It comes in 12 shades; 6 cool based and 6 warm based. David took over two years to develop this product (I understand the name of his company now)
I have all the shades but now realize I should have purchased a second Y1 for myself, since I can't live without it. I cannot recommend this product highly enough. Grab the concealer and powder brush while you're at it. Perfection!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Would you recommend this for someone with mature skin/ lines under the eyes?