Monday, June 20, 2011

ask Nancy; advice for dark circles

Former BRIDEface Jessica Skaggs asks from Facebook:
" I have dark circles (genetic) and I'm always looking for a way to camouflage them. What product and/or technique do you recommend?"

Firstly, please use an eye cream. so many women wait to see their first fine line, but dehydration can cause darkness under the eye. Eye cream will also help your concealer look more natural and blend better. Getting the right shade can be very tricky. On very dark circles I prefer Laura Mercier secret camouflage. My favorite shade for a medium to medium/tan skintone is #4, because it has a lot of orange in it to tone out the blueness in most olive-toned skins. If you are more fair, I love Makeup Forever lifting concealer in either #2 or 3. Always apply in very thin, stippling strokes with a synthetic brush. Fingers can overapply and cause a sloppy look. I always set with a bit of Laura Mercier brightening powder to set, prevent creasing, and add life to the skin under the eyes. It bounces away darkness. Genius product!!
concealer essentials

1 comment:

jill said...

I just bought the Laura Mercier #4! It's awesome!!! Thanks for helping me find the correct color.