Thursday, January 20, 2011

reader asks for foundation recs

"Foundation! I'm in the market for a new one. What's good out there? You know I've been a Laura M. girl for a long time, but now with getting older I'm needing more coverage, more moisture and more love. Any suggestions? Chanel? Lauder? Olay? I'm open to suggestions and down to the last of my current bottle.
And also what's really best: sponge, brush or fingers for application?
Thanks!
--Krista"


Hi Krista! I assume you have been using Laura Mercier's oil free foundation? You have a few options if you want to graduate to a foundation with a little more oomph. MakeUpForever's HD foundation is amazing (you can find it at Sephora) It photographs extremely well and makes your skin appear more flawless by blurring imperfections, so it is a great choice for when you are appearing on TV. It is a medium to full coverage with a dewy finish, but feels lightweight on the skin. I like to use a sponge to apply it, and if you set with their HD powder you will further enhance the "soft focus" feature of the product.
Another foundation I especially lurve is Mercier's new creme smooth foundation. It has a very nice illuminating quality to it, which gives you a glow, and extremely great coverage (though you can always sheer it out) Mercier's celebrity artist, Matin (who just did Claire Danes in this product for the Golden Globes) recommends using a foundation brush, and after trying it that way, I was much happier than hen i used my sponge. They also have a similar powder to MUFE's HD, it is called Invisible.
Wichever you choose, I recommend using Mercier's hydrating primer underneath. It will fill in little imperfections, make your skin look smoother, and hold your makeup on longer.
Let us know how you do with your new stuff, Krista!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Thank you so much! I can't wait to try one of these out! And I will use the hydrating primer too! I really appreciate the feedback! You are the best!