Monday, March 29, 2010

Makeup Bag Monday: Ryan



Another of my former brides, AND the sis of one of my besties, Ryan emailed me her goods all the way from Scotland. The new mom of adorable Calum, she adores makeup. But I am betting maybe she does not have as much time for it lately-?

I spy one of my absolute faves up to the left; Benefit creaseless creme shadow in Birthday Suit. Perfect neutral, perfect amount of shimmer. LOVE. Absolutely essential basic.

She could definitely stand to invest in a few decent eyeshadow brushes and pitch the teeny sponge applicators.I adore the new limited edition set by Sonia Kashuk with natural wooden handles, and the little cork clutch is to die for. And a very reasonable price for this quality brush.

Cheers on the lash curler, of course. Looks like she is using the black eyeshadow as a liner-good choice.
I also own the "some kind of gorgeous" in Benefit-I very rarely reach for it though. It is super sheer so doesn't give enough coverage for me; I think it might be best on a naked skin that is basically perfect but needs a touch of evening up. Which would be Ryan, unless she is having post-partum skin trouble, in which case I have precribed Kat Von D concealer for any little spots that could crop up and the inevitable dark circles from late nights with the bebe. You can't go wrong with the cult classic YSL Touche Eclat pen that Ryan already has, but it doesn't give much coverage; it's more of a highlighter pen.

Like her mom and sister, Rye is an aficionado of Fiberwig mascara.

I did not see any cheek color so I added in a cool cream/powder cheek duo from Laura Mercier.

To streamline Ryan's routine, I added in a palette from Mercier as well; this will save time over all those bits and bobs of shadows she has collected, and the spring colors will be great on her. It also has some sheer lip shades as well.

Lastly, I added in a great cream liner set from Stila so that Rye can dabble in her sooty black liner days again. The cobalt color is also really fun, as is the "kitten" color; another of my favorites-more sparkly and champagne than the Benefit one.
Thanks for your patience during my little hiatus from Makeup Bag Monday. I am ready for more submissions, so bring 'em on!



Ryan's bag












No comments: