Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Attempting to "unplug"

I am constantly telling people what a great Mommy Job brideface is- and it did start out that way before I started getting crazy booked. Now it is to the point that I have a huge amount of emails every day, even through the weekend. I manage four other artists' bookings. Then there's trial runs, engagement shoots, commercial shoots, makeup lessons and classes, events for The Bridal Studio-and blogging, facebook, twitter, networking meetings. And though it doesn't sound grueling, I always have to keep my kit filled, current, and scrupulously clean.
No complaints here-I adore what I do and feel fortunate to be working!- but I also have these kids that still happen to worship me. So I will be taking a little vacation from Friday April 10th through Thursday April 16th. I am trying to touch base before then with everyone who has a wedding date occuring this month, but I am going to try to eschew email and crackberry, and just enjoy Spring Break with my family. I will forward any new date requests to my other makeup artists.
If you have anything pressing to chat with me about, ya got two days!

2 comments:

Melaina25 said...

You should get a PT manager. They can handle bookings snd schedules and even do a stock take of your kit if you want!

Katie P said...

Good for you, Nancy. You deserve a spring break, too!