Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009, bring it.


This is the time of year we brag on all our successes, right. Okay, if I must. So 2008 was brideface's best year yet and I have three freelance artists that absolutely kick butt at what they do. Mollie, Jenny, and Jasmine: you rock. We got our feature in Style Me Pretty and were chosen for their Little Black Book of preferred vendors. I was interviewed twice by Cincinnati Magazine weddings for bridal beauty articles. We recently joined Wedding Wire and already have eight five star reviews. We had a record number of weddings this year and bookings for this year are on fire. I was even able to fit in quite a bit of editorial work and an inspiring video for The American Cancer Society. We worked with some incredible vendors and laughed A LOT.

My makeup artists and I take what we do very seriously. Sure, it's a fun job, but we also realize the enormity of our responsibility on such an important day. Doing weddings for a living can be stressful because it is like having our own wedding every weekend. Worrying about traffic, or being sick, car trouble, or not having the right products, or what if the wedding party is late? I figure the day I start taking someone's wedding day casually is the day I need to hang it up.
Thanks to my fabulous brides, all the wonderful vendors I am lucky enough to see every weekend, my Bridal Studio roommates-you helped 2008 rock.

2 comments:

Aviva Events said...

It is not bragging when you are actually awesome. It's just stating the truth. :)

PS I will soon have some photos from a Sept wedding that Jasmine did. Better late than never?

Reagan said...

Congrats on all your accmplishments in 08. I wish many more success this year.