Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mascara Raves


I have long been a fan of Loreal mascaras, particularly Voluminous and their original Double Extend, which has a primer on one end and a mascara with an itsy comb on the other. I know beauty execs for prestige lines who (secretly) adore that one.
They have just launched a newer version that knocks off the "Kiss Me" brand (they must have lost their patent on that because I see a lot of lines coming out with the "tube" mascaras) Loreal is the first mass market brand to have this; Clinique came out with one last year.

I have issues with a lot of waterproof formulas because

a. they tend me clumpy and unnaturally spiky and hard

b. they are difficult to get off and require too much tugging and rubbing

I have been testing this one on myself for a couple weeks and it is my new favorite. The primer beefs up your lashes, and the top coat seperates and gives a very lush, full look and they also look noticably longer.. And it comes off only with warm water-even my beloved Almay pads didn't take this stuff off. So it is very waterproof! (I test marketed it at my wedding, where I cried much more than I would have expected. I am normally a bit of a robot)

Also-a fantastic gift idea at Sephora-they are selling a set of their best selling mascaras "the Lash Stash". what a great way to try out expensive mascaras. I bought two of these as gifts and I guess I will have to get a third for myself. A personal favorite in that collection is the Tarte-when you buy the full size, it comes dressed in a purple pleather jacket-who could resist that?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a sample of the Clinique tube mascara and I'm hooked. I always have problems with smudging but not with this stuff. Though the way it crumbles off when I wash my face is way strange.
-Kristen B

AdventuresinOsteotomy said...

I didn't think I was going to like any of these mascaras, but then decided to try the Loreal Double Extend for my formal this weekend....


It. Is. Amazing.

New favorite, thanks for turning me on to it!

-Jessica