Thursday, October 23, 2008

forget Joe the plumber-


-the real story is Amy the makeup artist. Now you bridefaces know I love ya, but I am starting to think I need to do makeup for political candidates instead. Amy Strozzi, makeup artist to Sarah Palin, was paid $13,200 in September alone. And McCain has his own, seperate artist as well.


Strozzi was nominated for an Emmy for her makeup work on "So you think you can dance".


My personal take? If I had the chance to do Palin's makeup, I would fill in her brows to make a gentler, less angular arch.Her eyebrows are a major pet peeve for me. The shape of her brows now makes her eyelids look very hooded. Her cheek contouring looks fabulous from far away but is hard looking for closeup TV appearances. (Hello; Katherine Harris wants her blush back)


There is no denying that Palin is a beautiful woman and doesn't require a lot of work. I used to work with a man who does makeup on a prominent musical performer and he claims she is so unattractive that he has to "erase her head and give her a whole new one". This is not the case with Palin. But I say more power to these hair and makeup artists demanding top dollar. If Amy gets tired of her job on the campaign, have them call me.

2 comments:

tine hofmann tm photography said...

Wow! We need to move...

Anonymous said...

Nancy-

You are the best! I hope your wedding was as awesome as you are!!! Please post pictures of the Etsy dresses you bought for your little girl!

Seriously, I want for you and Tine to be my best friends :)
-Jess (Hartmann) Sankal