Monday, August 11, 2008

Yes, it seems I am a brideface.




To break with tradition here on ye olde blog, I will make this post All About Me and announce that I am getting hitched. In about two and a half months.


So far I have no dress and no caterer. But I do have a wondrous wedding planner, a phenomenal photographer, a stellar stationier,a fabulous florist,a vivacious venue, a glorious groom... (and sorry, maybe a wee bit too much wine).


So I am having this dress dilemma. I went to NYC last week and pounded the pavement. The above right image (Lucky magazine, about a year ago) is *totally* what I want. It's like something you would see Kate Hudson or Keri Russell rock oout, right? But I guess "hippie meets 40's" isn't in this season. So can I find someone to make it in my time frame-? I see a drapey bodice and slinky bottom. Then I thought-why not buy two seperate pieces and I might actually wear them again? Hence, the Anthropologie catalog image, above right. (how fierce is her hair, by the way?) I have been burned before by Anthro catalogs-a dream in print, a disaster IRL. And finding a skirt to match color wise; hmmmm.
Any stylist wannabes out there wanna take a crack at this? Not digging on strapless, or "encore wedding" suits (WTF with the idea that there is a certain costume for second weddings?)
This is a rustic, groovy backyard wedding. I want something flowy and ethereal, but still just a little sexy.
Seriously, if someone can solve this, you got a gratis makeup session or two coming your way; I am desperate.



5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! After browsing through your blog I think you are from the Cincinnati area {me too!}, if so you should go to the Anthropologie store in Rookwood Commons. Last time I was there they had dresses. I agree ordering from a catelog is just asking for trouble, especially for your wedding, so going to the store would help tons!

Allison said...

Not sure how you feel about one shoulder dresses, but I could totally see Kate Hudson wearing this dress. Definitely has that ethereal feel...

http://www.christosbridal.com/gowns/2008/08172.shtml

Anonymous said...

Congrads on your wedding!!!

Can I do your make-up? haha!

Lindsay (your 01.10.09 bride) said...

Nance -

I have some mini metal picture frames that I bought off ebay (like in the Neysa Ruhl pic). I'm going to use some for my wedding bouquet and I have about 10 frames leftover. Let me know if you want them for your bouquet(s) and I can drop the by the studio (free of charge!)! :)

Email me if you're interested: lindsayhatfield@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

http://www.sewmuch.net/

I met with Mary about a dress - she seems a joy to work with. You could have her make the dress - I think she said 8-12 weeks depending on how busy, etc. Always work a shot. I suggest emailing her.

Questions you can find me at christyanddavid09@yahoo.com