Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rave Review; Avalon Spa!

Yesterday I finally used my gift certificateto Avalon
http://www.avalonss.com/
that I received on my birthday nearly a year ago. I had a bride who was raving about the facials there so I have been anxious to go, but my schedule, lack of child care, and general procrastination got in the way.

I have no idea why I waited so long. What a gorgeous spa. I felt very pampered in my gown and robe, and the treatment rooms look and smell divine.

I booked the eminence facial (90 minutes!), a spa pedicure, and an aromatherapy manicure.

My esthetician was Gail and we found we had a lot in common; she attended the same beuty school I currently go to, and she did makeup for many years and had her own studio, focusing heavily on bridal business.

The facial bed has a built in foot bath-a first for me-and that was heaven. Gail tucked me into a down comforter and went to work. Her touch is amazing and she is super knowledgable about product ingredients and skin physiology. I was very sad when it was over, and while I loved picking her brain and having "shop talk" I now regret that I didn't just shut up and bliss out the whole time!

My nail tech was Marilyn and we had a lot to talk about as well. She has her own spray tanning business and has been perfecting her technique and formulating her own product line for five years. She has some great bridal packages for those of you wanting to get your glow on for the wedding. We plan to feature her at an upcoming Bridal Studio cafe, so I will keep you posted!
http://www.liquidsunrayz.com/
513 460 6152
It was also one of the best nail services I have ever had-they use this tingly mask on your feet and the sensation lasts about an hour. Divine. You must do this for yourself-or for your mom for Mother's Day-? I have been to a few places in Cincy for facials but the sheer luxury and great service (no snobby attitides; yeah!) easily trumped those experiences.

No comments: