Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Drugstore items in my kit

I was just telling a client the other day that I rarely use mass market brands on brides because they don't tend to be as long wearing as prestige products, but I do have a few things I just couldn't live without:
-Almay eye makeup remover pads;I like the moisturizing version. Super cheap, gentle, and they take every bit off, even waterproof and lash glue!
-Cover Girl Lash Exact mascara;love the rubbery wand. i use the waterproof for brides and the regular for myself.
-Ardell lash/brow growth accelerator; maybe it's a placebo effect, but I swear this had helped my brows fill in a bit on the ends, so i keep using on my lashes at night in the hopes that it will make them look like my 3 year old's.
-Neutrogena RapidClear acne eliminating spot gel;clears up blemishes but doesn't leave you overdry and crusty!
-Revlon Brow Fantasy; this has a brow pencil on one end and a tinted brow gel on the other. genius!
Drum roll.....I adore Incoco nail strips(exclusive at Walgreen's)I believe Avon had these first but I just got turned on to them a few weeks ago and they saved my holidays! I can rarely get in for a pro manicure, and giving myself one at home is rarely practical (try pulling a toddler off a preschooler with wet nails)and these go on super fast and look amazing. They have a shade that looks exactly like "I'm not really a waitress" by OPI.
What are your must haves??

2 comments:

Katie P said...

Those are some nice fiscally-conscious suggestions, Nancy. I am an absolute convert for the Incoco nail polish. Amazing! I'm not sure I'll ever get a "professional" manicure again. These last much longer.

Jules said...

great suggestions Nance. My favorite drugstore find is L'oreal Voluminous Mascara. I swear by it.