Monday, January 9, 2012

Richmond VA makeup artist/Meet Aaron



Hello to all the BRIDEface followers! My name is Aaron Ellerbrock and I am the owner of BRIDEface Richmond. BRIDEface Richmond is the newest off-shoot of the BRIDEface that you all know and love. BRIDEface Richmond services the VA/DC area and we are so excited to have the opportunity to share tips, techniques, and style with a whole new group of people. Just so you know nothing changes with BRIDEface, we just get to expand!!!

BRIDEface will continue to have its facebook page and we have added a second page, BRIDEface Richmond. You will find that some posts can be found on both pages, but they will also show regional specific material.

Nancy and I have made it a mission to make sure we blog with more frequency so we can keep you up to date on all the happenings and latest trends. We are going to continue with fun topics like Makeup Bag Monday and will be adding new features like Thrifty Thursdays and Treat Yourself Tuesdays just to name a few.

I hope that over the coming months you will get to know me, my style, and my "interesting" sense of humor (I say "interesting" because Nancy and I think we are some of the funniest people around but our spouses just seem to bend and shake their heads when we are together for any period of time). Conversely, I hope that I get to know you and your interests to better serve you through this blog.

Today's blog is going to a little different than usual and we are not going to talk about specific tips or makeup styles. I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and thank you for letting me be a part of your day.

You may be looking at the above photos and wondering why I included them in this blog. No matter anything else, these women are very influential. Today we are going to take a minute to reflect and think back on the women in our lives take have influenced us to do great things.

I started in the cosmetic world about 14 years ago when I was in graduate school. I was working on my MA in Clinical Psychology as well as performing in dinner theaters and national tours. When I wasn't on the road I needed to bring in some money to pay the bills. I had a friend that was in the industry and she suggested that I learn a little more about makeup and start doing some freelancing work. She took me under her wing and taught me all the basics I needed to know. I started freelancing for many companies and eventually thought, "Hey, why not make this a career?"

I went back to my friend and told her what I was thinking and she thought I would be great at it. She continued to encourage me and actually introduced me to her Account Executive for Laura Mercier and  Department Manager at Saks. After several interviews and trial periods I got hired!!!! This one tiny step was the start of the most rewarding career I could ever have. I moved through many positions in the world or luxury cosmetics including Regional Artist, National Artist, Global Artist, Regional Trainer, and finally becoming the National Training Executive for Gurwitch Products, the company that owns Laura Mercier and ReVive Skincare. I had the opportunity to travel the world, sharing with clients exactly what they needed to do to feel and look their best.

Had my friend not trained and encouraged me I would never have been able to have such an amazing career. BUT, not only did I have those great opportunities, I also met my spouse, bought my first house,        
and we started our family. With all the travel I was never home and my friend came to the rescue again. She asked me if I ever thought about working for myself? I really had never given it much thought and was concerned that it would be just too much. She promised to hold my hand and help me reach another milestone in my life....starting BRIDEface Richmond.

So today, take a minute to reflect and remember one influential woman who helped you along the way. Give them a call, shoot them an email, drop a letter in the mail, or do what I am doing...write a blog to say THANKYOU. So THANKYOU Nancy!!!! I would not be who or where I am today if it were not for you. You are one of the most influential women in my life!!!

(PS...Thanks to you mom...you are right up there too!!!)

Thanks for indulging me and I can't until it is my turn to blog again about all the fun new items that are coming our way!!

Cheers!

No comments: