Monday, January 16, 2012

Cincinnati makeup artists/meet Honour!


I am repeating our Meet the Artist series on the blog since some of you may have missed it in our monthly newsletters! 
Allow me to introduce Honour Pillow. I have know Honour for many years and in fact I was responsible for getting her her very first job in cosmetics many moons ago. She is our fourth team member to have studied personally under Laura Mercier! 
Where did you learn to do Makeup? I started my makeup career assisting an artist I met while living in NYC in 1996. While attending design school in Cincinnati the following year I was fortunate enough to work for Trish McEvoy Cosmetics which had recently launched at Saks Fifth Ave. After a few years of honing my skill and building my personal kit, I decided I would work independently. I started working for Wings Model MGMT as a lead artist for photo shoots and runway shows. Our team traveled the midwest scouting new talent and developing them for worldwide placement. In 2001 I moved to Chicago to launch NARS Cosmetics for Saks Fifth Ave. Working with famed NARS makeup Artists such as Ayako was a dream come true. I spent 4 years with the NARS team before moving to Las Vegas in 2004. This is where I fell in love and truly learned the art of "natural beauty" while working for brands Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier. I have worked side by side on numerous occations with both Bobbi and Laura and have been through extensive training in artistry and application. For the past 3 years I have traveled the southwest as a Regional Account Manager for Laura Mercier Cosmetics.
What looks are you loving right now? I will forever be a fan of beautiful, natural glowing skin and flushing pops of sheer color. I am also guilty of the undoubtably timeless smokey eye and pale lip. One of my favorite signature looks is mixing cools and warms in the same look. I love a peach cheek and a cool pink lip, or even a violet lipstick with a bright orange lipgloss popped on top.
What is your specialty as a makeup artist? Complexion. There is no need to fuss about fabulous makeup without fabulous skin. With the right products and techniques, anyone can have a flawless looking complexion. As Laura Mercier would say "skin looks like it's glowing from within." And the beautiful part, no one needs to know your wearing makeup. What are your 3 products you couldn't live without? Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Bobbi Brown Pale Pink Blush, Exfolikate by Kate Somerville What is your favorite drug store product? Hmmmmm...(it's been a while, lol!) Revlon Color Stay Lipstick What are your 3 most tried and true makeup tips & tricks? Tightline the upper lashline for eyes that Pop! Use 2 blush colors to create contour and shape without a "contoured'' look. Spend time on the complexion and you can never go wrong. Also, beware of powder...it can be a great product for many purposes but if used incorrectly it can make the skin look textured and mature, even if it's not.
What would people be surprised to know about you? I spent 6 years performing as a stand up comedian in Chicago and on the Las Vegas strip. Which celeb's makeup do you covet the most? As much as I don't want to admit it...Kim Kardashian's makeup always looks incredible! If you had to only use one beauty brand, which would you choose? Laura Mercier What’s on your beauty wish list right now? I'm still trying to get my hands on the Naked Palette from Urban Decay. It's 12 shades of neutrals all the way from ultra soft to deep smokey. It's been sold out for 6 months.
Favorite perfume? Flowerbomb....I don't normally go for florals but this one is sexy, striking, yet feminine. Natural Or Dramatic? I would say I am 80% in favor of natural, but 20% all for dramatic, we all have to make a statement with out look every once in a while.
If you had to go out in public only having used one product, what woud it be? Blush!!
Most embarrassing beauty moment? Really, just one....Would have to be doing Holly Madison's makeup at Planet Hollywood and only noticing the red lipstick all over my teeth in the car on my way home from the shoot!

No comments: