Sunday, May 9, 2010

Makeup Bag Monday; April

I suppose in some ways this entry is a bit of a cheat in that I have known April for a few years now, have done her makeup many times, and nearly all of her items in her bag were recommended to her by moi. She is one of my studio mates and a dear friend.



Because she follows direction so well, I actually would change very little about her stash, but I would say that she needs to utilize it more. I think she plays it safe a lot and rarely ventures out of her comfort zone. April has very big, beautiful blue eyes and I would love to see her play them up more. Large eyes can pull off dramatic liner or very dark lids without looked heavily made up.



When I do April's makeup, I emphasize her brows more than she does, and I tend to give her a dark smoky lid to make her eyes recede just a touch. I go for coppery shades to pop the blue. I also play up her porcelain skin with peaches on her cheeks-she could definitely stand to use more of her cream cheek color and remember to highlight with her mosaic quad, to warm up her skintone and bring out her bone structure. I would also love to see her experiment with some deeper lip shades for a change-a bright pink or red lip would be so dramatic and beautiful with those eyes. She could also incorporate some bronxer going into summer-I love her fair complexion but a touch of warmth will give her a healthy, natural looking glow.














April's bag
April's bag by nannobanan on Polyvore.com





No comments: