Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cincinnati private makeup lessons/Makeup Bag Monday; Heather






















Heather brought in her extensive colllection and I weeded through it into four different categories:
-stuff she wears everyday
-stuff she should pitch
-stuff she never wears but ought to
-stuff she wears but shouldn't
The above image on the left are her everday items; mainly pretty good, except that NARS Orgasm is way too light and peachy for her skintone. I recommended the cream blush from Maybelline instead; a deeper, rosier hue. Good neutral MAC shadows, great mascaras (she wears all 3 every day-!)MAC moisturecover is an excellent concealer; it is a staple in my kit.

The pic up on the right are things she rarely wears but I would like to see her incorporate.
I sincerely apologize for my horrendous photography, but suffice it to say that I recommend
she spice up the neutrals by wearing more plums and purples. in her headshot above I have a very deep burgundy cream shadow on her lid, but it actually reads very natural on her and gives such a richmess to her big brown eyes.
I showed her how a dramatically lined eye could give her so much more pop-the liner palette below is such a great buy, has a fantastic bent liner brush, and gives her four shades to play with.Come to think of it, I want that too!

The cream shadows give her one everday neutral to wear alone or layer other colors(she would like to play with some olive-y greens in her collection) and the deeper wine shade I used. she has some bare monerals but the shade was all wrong so I steered her in the direction of my favorite tinted moisturizer instead. She has great skin that simply needs evening out and spf.
heather mu bagThanks, Heather!





No comments: