Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes 2010/understated eyes











Many people commented on the somewhat stoic tone of this year's Globes; perhaps people were afraid to appear too exuberant with what is happening in Haiti.
But as a makeup junkie, I noticed a trend toward lighter eyes, less reliance on smoked out blacks and charcoals, and more light shimmers and neutrals. I personally felt that Drew's incredible gown deserved a lot more drama-the hair seemed pretty unimaginative, the brows looked unkempt; she needed either a strong eye or a strong lip and she looked too "safe" for me.
Jennifer Aniston is just always spot on with her easy, sun-kissed look. Heidi was much more tame than usual with her makeup but I really liked the fresher, younger look it gave her.
Juliana went with bronzy neutrals and a super contoured brow; flwless with her show-stopper of a gown.
Lastly, Kate went with sparkly white on her eyes and a beigy lip. I would have wanted some kind of statement in there, because her hair was quite mature and staid with such a architechtural, modern dress. But strangely enough, I wasn't consulted...

















No comments: