Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes 2010/Red Lips











You know I love a big red lip and none of these ladies were shy about the shades they chose. But which ones were a win, and why?
I would have preferred a somewhat rosier red on Meryl, this particular shade washed her complexion out, as far as I was concerned. It could also have to do with the fact that she is wearing black; not her most flattering color. But I love the minimal makeup elsewhere on her face; very Carolyn Bessette Kennedy.
Christina Hendricks' makeup was perfectly balanced; the flushed cheeks complimented her orangey-red lip perfectly, and the drama to the eye was just enough without pulling focus from the lip.
On January Jones,I like the shade, but her eyes look a little squinty here-I think maybe a lighter shade on her lid would have created a more open look. And while I adore her pale skin, she could have benefited from a teensy bit of very light bronzer and a peachy blush.Love the new fuller brow on her!
Cameron looks very unpolished to me; that dress is so smokin' hot, but from the neck up, she looks a bit like she just rolled out of bed and tossed on red lipstick in the limo. I know that's kinds her thing but As she gets a bit older I would love to see a little less of a messy look. The lip color needs to be a bit warmer; it is too blue for her and for the dress. The overly bronzy look to her skin clashes with the vibrancy of the lip.
What did you guys think?

1 comment:

Alison said...

I am convinced that Christina Hendricks can do no wrong - adore her!