Wednesday, December 30, 2009

my favorite budget finds of 2009



It's been awhile, so I thought I would let you know of a few fabulous drugstore products I am currently obsessed with:


CVS Essence of Beauty brush cleaner-I am a stickler for sanitation on my makeup tools, particularly my eyeliner brushes . This spray-on, wipe off cleaner is only about six bucks, smells nice, and is just as effective as my beloved clinique or MAC brush cleaner. Good for when you have no time to properly shampoo your brushes.

Maybelline define-a brow pencil- a great knockoff of MAC's skinny brow pencil, only almost a third the price. Super skinny, plus it has the nifty comb. the shades are really good; many time mass market brow pencils have very odd ashy undertones but this seems very high end. I love a teeny brow pencil for those precise, hair-like strokes.

Wet n Wild creme eyeliner-brilliant, $4 pot of super waterproof, non flaking, REALLY black liner. Rivals just about any high-end gel liner around, I swear! Plus, it gives you a bit more 'play' time than Smashbox jetset. All they need is a navy...
So although I am generally a big snob when it comes to makeup, there are a few diamonds in the rough out there!



No comments: