Monday, November 2, 2009

L'oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara

I probably blog more about mascara than nearly any other product because I have found that most women, myself included. It is one of the only mass market items I am willing to keep in my kit, so it is relatively painless to try different formulas. I try just about every new formula I can get my hands on, and in most cases the gimmicky ones fall flat. The vibrating one is just pretty silly, but fun. It is supposed to mimic the wiggle that you do in your lash root to create volume and lift.

When I saw L'oreal's knockoff of the infamous Givenchy Phenomeyes, I just had to give it a go.

Complete with urchinesque wand, it promises ultimate volume and seperation. At $11.50, I found it awfully pricey for a drugstore mascara. And I was sorely disappointed. The shape of the prickly ball makes it impossible to achieve any "lift" and it leaves a very spiky, unattractive lash, not full and fluffy like L'oreal Voluminous.(Carbon Black is divine) I still adore Maybelline Collossal and Cover Girl Lash Blast as well.
Skip this, if you can resist that cute little brush. Overall score: meh.








1 comment:

Lucky Designs said...

Thank you for the review. I was tempted to try this!