Thursday, October 1, 2009

new loot; creme shadows and liners




I have have to share a couple great finds with you-one a steal, the others prestige.



By now you may know my love of creme shadows and liners is bordering on obsession. My pallette of creme shadows is currently boasting over 35 shades.

Today I popped into MAC to restock; I love their skinny brow pencils and dazzleglasses.
(Now dazzleglass comes in a creamy formula as well)
They had a little colorstory with some creme crayons that were very enticing; I couldn't resist the dark inky plum. I am hoping I get an adventurous (or goth-?)bridesmaid this weekend to christen it. I also snatched up the sharkskin pencil in the shadestick-they rudely discontinued that several months ago, leaving me high and dry. Now it's back.They are very similar in color but if you are building a really dark eye these are so great.

Now for the steal. I got this tip from Mollie and didn't believe it at first. I am currently having a mad affair with Smashbox jetset creme eyeliner. It is super black, and is completely waterproof, even in the waterline. You gotta work fast with it though because it sets up really quickly.
Mol picked up wet & wild's new gel liner at Walgreen's and swore up and down it was as good as my Smashbox. Dubious, i invested the $4 and wow am I impressed. No smudging, and it has a bit more "play" time before it dries. Plus it's not that wimpy ashy "black" you see in most mass market black pigments. Now if only they could make the perfect navy...

No comments: