Sunday, October 14, 2007

Plum Diore Fashion Show/my weekend...

Friday night I joined forces with the Laura Mercier artists from Saks to make up the models for a show at Plum Diore boutique in Pleasant Ridge. http://www.plumdiore.com/

What a gorgeous place-they have a balcony on top of the store that houses an equally groovy salon, Cherry Bomb. Sam Hills is one of two hairstylists there and I have done a few weddings with him-fabulous, if you're hoping to find hair people to come to you. He also pointed out that it is a great place to bring your bridal party-lots of space but at the same time, intimate.

The Plastic Surgery Group http://www.theplasticsurgerygroup.com/ was there promoting their services and showing before/after pics. One of my former brides works with them now and it was cool catching up with her. I keep trying to decide what i'll do with my esthetics license next Spring and this might be a real possibility...

The models were amazing and I resisted the urge to shop even though the clothes were beautiful. And what a fashionable crowd. It is always so encouraging to see someone do something so creative and different in Cincinnati!

I had four (small) weddings on Saturday-not as crazy as it sounds because it was over the course of eight hours. Then Rich and I joined my parents at a brand new restaurant downtown on Fountain Square called Via Vite. (owned by Nicola's) They certainly spared no expense with the decor-I am not normally a huge fan of overly modern, but this manages to be cozy and clean and spare at the same time-if that makes sense. There is a lounge upstairs with live music and a patio overlooking the fountain.This was their second night of their "soft", unpublicized opening so they were operating with an abbreviated menu and the staff outnumbered the diners by about 3X. A couple quirks if you go-they don't cut their appetizer pizzas for you, because "they don't cut them in Italy". The music makes you want to ask for the endless salad and breadsticks of Olive Garden; all Pavarotti, all the time. But the food is quite good. We were a bit suprised that the pasta wasn't homemade though. The cappucino creme brulee is to die for.
Sorry to veer the blog into a restaurant review but I am trying to post more and am lacking pics!

No comments: